Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Perfect Pair of Jeans...

I know what you're thinking... You're thinking that the perfect pair of jeans doesn't exist...

It's an old wives tale or urban legend or whatever...

Well I believed that too... Until last year sometime.

I found the perfect pair of jeans at the Gap Outlet in Gilroy.

They were so awesome, I bought more than one pair. Why not right?? If you get blessed with the good luck to find the PPoJ, you better buy the PPoJ!! No question!!

They hugged my bottom the right way... Made my legs look longer, & just made me feel great looking!

I bought them in denim, in black, ankle length for sandals, & regular length for heels & boots... <--- see the variety of possibilities??!!

PPoJ!!!!

I loved them, wore them all the time...

UNTIL...

(cue ominous music intro...)

Until I gained too much weight to wear them...

*sniffle*

*wipe way the tears*

I was so disappointed in myself... I had ruined the PPoJ...

What to do??

Well, I hopped in the car & drove the 30+ miles to get more (in a bigger size of course)

Well, as any of you that wear a size 16 know... Once you go up to bigger sizes your options for variety in length diminish a bit. Size 16 only come in regular length... Bye-bye sandals...

So I bought the one pair & gave up on my strappy shoe wearing days...

Small price to pay for the PPoJ...

I really should have bought more than one pair though...

I realized that later...

It came to me as I was standing in the GAP Outlet a month or so later... Right around the time the sales girl was saying "oh, I'm sorry.. We no longer carry that cut of jeans"

WHAT?!??! Noooooo!!!!

Why oh why would the fashion gods that be, discontinue a great pair of jeans that obviously sold out or else I would have been able to buy more!!!!!??

Ugh...

There is good news however... You see I am currently sitting here as I post in that original pair.. Yes the PPoJ that started it all... The size 14 ankle length pair... Complete with strappy sandals!!

The fit again!!! They are I admit a bit faded but I don't care.. I love them.. Especially now that they no longer hold a vise-grip on my thighs...

Life is beautiful from where I'm sitting...

Ever found a great piece of clothing that you loved so much??

Tell me about it in the comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment