Monday, April 11, 2011

My Weekend Buys...Its Good Stuff

This weekend my mom and I went to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. I know some of you are lucky enough to have a ReStore that is open all the time, well we are not so lucky. Our ReStore, located in Marina, CA, is only open the second Saturday of every month...I know, I know..its cruel. I wish I could just pop in there when ever I wanted, but I can't.

This was actually our first time going at all and I was pretty upset with myself because in my excitement, I forgot to take my camera with me. Then, once I was there, I was too excited to use my Blackberry camera...total blog failure, but anyway I was able to take a picture of one thing because I brought it home with me...


Isn't she so cool in her retro-ness?? I thought so too..and so did a bunch of other people at the sale that kept staring at her as I walked through the buildings...kinda funny..

So anyway, I think she's going to be even prettier when I fix her up with a new "dress"

After finishing up at ReStore, Mom & I took off to Morgan Hill..Jo-Ann's was having a mega sale so we knew it would be worth the drive.

At Jo-Ann's I picked up some material for Miss Lamp's new dress...



Love it!! and at 30% off..it was a steal!

That wasn't the only thing I picked up at Jo-Ann's though..I finally..FINALLY found the fabric for the upholstery project I've been working on forever a while. What a sneak peek??

OK...



This lighting in the room and the little point-n-shoot camera that I used don't really do this fabric justice, but again I have to say..LOVE IT!!

I'm hoping to get to that darn project soon. I've got the chair all naked already I just have to put my big girl chonies on and get to it..In fact I should be doing it right now..., but as I said before in another post, I'm a bit intimidated by the whole thing...

I'm working up the nerve...plus my husband keeps asking, "what's the deal with that chair?" which I'm sure will turn into.."finish it already!!"...lol so I better get  to it...wish me luck

1 comment:

  1. Loving the purchases! Can't wait to see everything complete! The sneak peak has me curious!!!!

    ReplyDelete