Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Who's running?? I'm running...

I was feeling a bit tired this morning...

I had recorded The Biggest Loser & really wanted to watch it. I get up at about 5:30 to see my husband off to work & I usually leave right after him & head in to the gym. Today I felt like having some lounge time first & then heading into the gym. I figured I'd watch 10 minutes & then be out the door.

I watched it all & by the time it was over I was feeling like I didn't have time for the gym, but I went anyway.

Boy am I glad I did! Since I really only had about 20 minutes to work out, I thought I would test my endurance with a little jog on the treadmill. It should be noted that A) I'm not a runner & B) the treadmill & I are not friends. I'd much rather hop on the elliptical machine, but since I have a 5k coming up (more on that later), I thought I'd try out the treadmill this morning.

I started off with a two minute walk on a zero incline at a speed of 3.2. Just as a warm up.

After two minutes, I increased my speed to 4.0...and I stayed there for 21 minutes!!

It was a miracle... I'd never been able to go any faster than a 3.5 for more than 5 minutes straight!! I'd get shin splints or get winded or give up because I was too tired.

Today I pushed... I think the people behind me may have thought I was insane because half way through I started whispering to myself...

"you can do this..."

"Push, push..."

"oh my God... You're running..."

"push...go, go.... You're doing it"

See... Crazy person, right? Lol

I was amazed at myself...

Now, a few of you out there may think that this is not that big of an accomplishment, but to me it's proof that an athlete lives inside me. Proof that I just have to keep working & my body will follow...

Speaking of proof I took a few pictures incase I had a "did that really happen?" moment...

enjoy..& please don't judge my hair too harshly... It was early & I had just had the run of my life ;0)

-Bernadette

No comments:

Post a Comment